Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fort Griffin Fandangle!!!

Fandangle time!!! I was so pumped to take the kids this year! We had tickets last year, but Levi ended up in the hospital so that didn't exactly happen. 

We had the chuck wagon dinner in the park beforehand. It was such nice weather!

 Then we walked up and down the streets of downtown. They have a bunch of cute little shops, a car museum, and longhorns on the square.
 They loved the juke box! Lucas is such a music addict!!!

Dancing with my princess!

We of course made a stop at the pharmacy to get an old fashioned soda and lots of yummy candy!! Levi and Chloe got to have gummy bears for the first time!
 All 5 sweet kiddos at the chuck wagon.
 Checking out the long horns!

 There are a couple of veteran memorials on the square. This is the sleepy little town where both my mom and dad grew up. There is LOTS of our family history here!
 Herbert C. Hawkins - my grandpa
Harley B. Hawking - great uncle




 I guess you can imagine he like the car museum?
And there's the Texas Central!!! My Grandpa built this train, Steve helped him drive it in the Fandangle when he was younger. Very special to still see it!!!

 The flag parade. So amazing! They're obviously going way to fast for my phone to capture. When we went to Medieval times recently, their slow trot flag parade seemed quite pathetic!
 The kiddos liked it, Chloe mostly ran around and wanted to sit in Braeden's lap. Levi did great through most of it, just didn't like the loud stuff. :)
Albany will always hold a special place in my heart and I hope to take our kids to the Fandangle many more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment