Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chloe is 11 months!

I'm a few days late, but better late than never! Our sweet girl is approaching one much too quickly!! Here's a little about what she's up to these days....
She's INCREDIBLY hard to catch being still for a picture! She's not walking yet, but she's allllll over the place! She has 4 sweet little teeth now. Two of which she cut within days of each other. Teething has been much harder on her than it was on Levi. :(




She had a bad bout with allergies last week (hence the swollen puffy eyes) and I ended up taking her to the doctor. She was SOOOO cranky! All they sent us home with was a script for antibiotic eye drops because her eyes seemed to be infected from all the running they'd been doing. Her ears were clear. She wasn't sleeping good at all which is totally not like her. She's still not usually thrilled to get in her bed, but goes to sleep quickly. She was waking up a few hours after she'd go to sleep and wouldn't go to sleep without being rocked. Anyone who knows me knows I don't give into those shenanigans easily, so you know it was pretty bad! She also wasn't eating very good. She's gotten a little pickier, not necessarily eating EVERYTHING we put in front of her. But she still eats quite a few veggies, and the girl can PUT AWAY the protein!! She hasn't turned down a meat yet. So different from her big bro!! She also love fruit and yogurt and has recently discovered the beauty of cheese. (She didn't get that from her mama...I'm not a cheese fan.)




She started saying "uh oh!" recently and last night she blew kisses for the first time at Nana and Grandpa! I haven't been able to get her to do it again but she did it for them very clearly and a bunch of times!
(Here they are on our way to church on her 11 month birthday.) She LOVES the church nursery by the way. She always makes a fool out of me. I'll say "oh she's been fussy today!" Then she leaps into Maria's arm and is happy as a lark!! On Sunday I was kind of worried because she'd been so cranky. There's a sweet old couple who volunteer in the nursery and they just adore her!! We see them in the grocery store often as well. :) When they asked about her during church I gave them the story about how miserable she'd been all week....lo and behold she was grinning from ear to ear with them when we picked her up after Sunday School.




She laughs at Levi more and more each day. I literally stop in my tracks and watch them when they're playing sweet together. I'm so grateful I get to see those moments! We can usually find her in Levi's room pulling out all the blocks, puzzles or books. She just loves all the racket of pulling things out of their tubs!




To celebrate her almost birthday, and Levi's half birthday we got them a Power Wheels! We've wanted to get them one for a while, but we thought we'd wait for nicer weather and until Chloe could ride with him. Chloe doesn't much care for it though! haha. She's happy for just a couple of minutes and then she starts screaming because she usually hits her head with his jerky driving. (It does have seatbelts, but look how sweet he's holding on to her!)




She does NOT like to have her diaper changed. That's way too much sitting still! And she still throws quite the fit when you take something from her! She's getting better about handing something over to me when I ask nicely. But today she cried big ole crocodile tears because I took something from her so I could pay for it at Walmart!




She plays this sweet little game with Daddy where they jerk their heads away from each other and then back looking at each other. It's too cute! She also loves to play peek a boo with Levi. She tries to pull the blanket in front of her head and it's adorable! She also pretends to talk on her phone. :)




Chloe Grace, I can't believe the next Chloe post I do will be your first birthday. Where on earth did the year go?? You're such a beautiful little girl and you are such an amazing blessing to our family! We love you!!
I thought I'd throw in a few Levi-isms....
Ere it is!!!!! - there it is
Mine Ball! (or cup, or fork, or car, or whatever else he wants)
Lay down me (this one just kills me every time! He means "with" me)
Wide a new tuck - (he says that a lot now! He LOVES the power wheels!)
attempting to sing his abcs....and getting really good!
dink a bar (drink of water)
nilk (milk)
doin maMA?? He reallllllly accents the last syllable when he says this!
run a bases! - and as he does it he yells 1st base! second base! second base! HOOOOME RUN! Sometime he gets all the bases in there, but not usually. :)
He repeats anything, so it's pretty hilarious to hear what he comes up with!!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment