Thursday, January 27, 2011

January, 2 months old!

Levi turned 2 months old on January 1st! I can't believe how fast time flies! When Levi was first born and we were going through the typical "this is a lot of work" phase, Haylea used to tell me "just get to 2 months and it gets so much better!" Boy was she right. Levi started smiling at us every now and then around 6 or 7 weeks...but by this time he was consistently grinning at us. At his 2 month check up he weighed 11 lb. 3 oz and was 24 inches long. I was a little frustrated at this point because he still wasn't sleeping through the night. At about 3 weeks he started sleeping from 11-3 or 4 am. Well then he just kind of stopped progressing. So at this check up I talked to the pediatrician about it and he said it was ok now to start making him try to sleep longer. After about 4 nights of just letting him whimper when he woke up, he's now consistently sleeping from 10:45 - 6:45 when Daddy wakes him up to eat! Yaaay!


The day of his appointment was a rough day (mostly for me.) I locked my keys in my car in the parking garage. Thank goodness I had already gotten Levi and the stroller out, but the diaper bag, keys, and phone were all in there! That led to a big freak out! I knew they would take his diaper off to weigh him and I had no clean diaper. A sweet lady in the waiting room heard me talking to Trent and let me borrow a diaper. Then of course when we got in the room I realized he had pooped out of his diaper (of course!) Daddy had to go alllll the way home (about 40 min from his office) to get my spare and bring it alllll the way back to the dr. (which is pretty close to his office.) By the time he got there Levi was done with the doctor and had just gotten his shots, he was screaming and I was crying. Oh Trent...he's such an amazing guy to deal with me! He walked us to the car, me still crying because Levi was now naked (IN JANUARY) because the extra clothes were in the diaper bag...in the car. Sheesh. I hope the 4th month check up goes better. :)

He still absolutely hates tummy time. I've resorted to just sitting him up to make him practice holding his head up! Here he is showing me he CAN do it, before he gets very angry!



There is a star that hangs on the top of his little gym that flashes and sings...he LOVES it! He will smile, talk to it, and kick his legs every time I put him under there! It's the sweetest thing, I could watch him do it all day.


Other things he's up to...
He's still a really horrible napper.
He gets his feelings really hurt when I put him in his crib for a nap! He also sticks his lip out at me sometimes when I've been holding him and I set him down. It's so sad! But....I don't want him to think he has to be held all the time.
7am is still the happiest time of day for him! Maybe it's because he's well rested and Trent and I are both with him, but he is just a little doll in the mornings!
He loves his bath and sleeps much better after one. I learned the hard way that we don't skip baths!
He's starting to "laugh." At first it was like he was just gasping for air, but yesterday there was actually a little chuckle!
He thinks it's so funny when Dad tickles his cheeks.
Bedtime is another favorite time of day. He eats at 7, then hangs out for a little while before bath time. After his bath, Daddy gets him in his jammies and ready for bed. Then we lay down and read a few books before we put him down. I've always been an advocate of reading to babies, even before I was a teacher. We started reading to Levi when I was pregnant with him. But wow!! I am so amazed at how he LOVES for us to read to him. He watches the pictures so intently and often gets really excited! Our favorites are Dr. Suess and his children's Bible.
He's WONDERFUL about going to sleep at night. He hardly ever makes a peep when we put him down, which is SO different than daytime sleep!





I'm only pretending to be happy here. We were on our way to the dentist. For those who don't know me very well...that's my absolute biggest fear in life. I've actually gotten really comfortable with the hygienist here so it's not so bad anymore, but I still dread it. Then we made a little stop by Daddy's office to show him who the boss really is. Haha!

Another hair picture. :) Levi's hair grows just like Trent's. One night we accidentally combed it the wrong way after this bath, mistake! It did this all day the next day!



The 3 of us, I realized we didn't have many of these pictures!


This is probably one of my favorite pictures. The way Levi is looking at Daddy is just priceless!


Levi and I went to Nana and Grandpa's for a few days to help Nana do some organizing. We had always given Levi a pacifier because we didn't want him to suck his thumb....as you can see that didn't work! This particular morning I took a picture of him not only because he was sucking his thumb...but because that is NOT where I put him to sleep! He can't really move in his crib, but I kept finding him scooted up against the side of the pack'n'play.


Levi with Nana and Grandpa...
Another thumb picture. Oh Levi...if you only knew how much we harrassed your 2 cousins about sucking their thumbs!





Ah just look at that smile!!!



He fell asleep on the couch with Daddy. Such a little angel!





















No comments:

Post a Comment