Sunday, July 8, 2012

Welcome home!!

Friday the 29th we finally were set to make our final nomadic trip to our new home! It was the longest drive ever and I really hope the new mommy amnesia wipes that memory away from my brain....if I ever care...I can read about it here. What is a normal 4.5 - 5 hour drive took us over 7 HOURS! Well that's what happens when you have a newborn, a toddler, and 2 cars to drive. We had to stop every time it was time to feed Chloe and she was very much still in that sleepy newborn stage where she didn't even want to wake up to eat. People keep saying only my children have that problem, but it's been the hardest part with both of my babies! Ya gotta eat kid!

We finally made it to our new house! Here it is!! Nothing fancy and a BIG downsize for us....but the view from our back porch is a.m.a.z.i.n.g! I love it that as we sit out on our back porch swing in the evenings we sometimes see a golf cart full of 5 Nelsons playing the hole that you see from our house. 

Chloe got all dressed up to meet her cousins and Uncle Steve and Aunt Kristie! 
 So far watching Levi have a blast with his cousins has been enough on it's own to make it all worth it! His eyes absolutely light up every time they come around. Here they are teaching him how to use their race track.
 And this is our new mode of transportation. :) No need for a car around Lake Kiowa! For anyone who knows me well, you already know this is my favorite part! I pretty much dislike operating all motorized vehicles, but golf carts I can handle!
 Check out her zoolander hair! The only time it doesn't do this is when it's dirty and greasy.

 We had a nice surprise on Saturday when Trent's dad happened to be in Arlington so they decided to stop by on their way home!
 Finally a Coleman girl!
 And here are our 3 babies :) Wow we are BLESSED! Levi is such a good big brother so far!!!
 Levi stayed with Nana and Grandpa while me, Trent and Chloe went furniture shopping. It was so weird to actually have a baby sitter we trusted! I just love getting her all dressed up...I've been waiting MONTHS to put her in this sweet dress!!!
 We also made our first grocery trip with 2 kids! We aren't used to doing our grocery shopping at Wal-mart so between giggling that we needed 2 carts and people watching, it was interesting!
 Chloe didn't mind it much. :)
Our new boss (aka - Grandpa) was kind enough to give us a week to get settled so it's back to the grind for us tomorrow!! I'm hoping to attempt to get a schedule going that will allow our days to be more predictable. It's been a bit chaotic the last month! I know it will take me a while to figure out what works best for our little family but I know we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment