Sunday, April 17, 2011

BIG weekend in the Coleman house!

This weekend we got Levi's first haircut and we also did his dedication at church! I was a little sad to cut his hair, but he was starting to look like a hobo child. He looks sooooo handsome now and he looks like a little boy! Here is Levi waiting on his haircut. Daddy taking some pre-haircut pics
One with Mommy

Looks like such a big boy with his cape!
It was so long on this side that when we pulled it down straight it was all the way to the bottom of his ear lobe!!!
He was such a good boy! He got just a little fussy in the middle, but considering he's never heard any of those noises he did fantastic!

He looks like such a big boy now! And the next person that calls him a girl is going to see the wrath of his Mother!
We did a little swimming in the pool in our back yard. Trent was very against getting one of these pools, but once he saw Levi splashing in it he was A-ok with it! I compromised and bought the inflatable one and had to agree to pick it up every time we use it so we don't get a dead grass circle or a family of mosquitos in the back yard. :)
Gunner wanted in on the fun of course
So adorable!!!
And last but CERTAINLY not least, his dedication at church! God has blessed us with this amazing little boy, and I hope we can raise him in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. I am so thankful for a husband who will be such a fantastic role model to Levi and I hope the Lord prepares us to handle all the challenges of parenting with grace. This is absolutely the greatest gift we have ever received and we thank our Heavenly Father every day for him! We go to a very large church and funny enough there were only 2 babies today. Usually there is about 10-15 when they do dedications...but Levi and one other little boy got to be in the spotlight.
7 weeks of school left!!! Last week was very rough. I work in a very large district, but they cut 550 jobs in 3 days. My heart is heavy for a dear friend of mine who lost her job. I know the Lord has a different plan for her but I pray that he gives her peace and patience through this rough patch. There aren't too many jobs which terminate your position, then require you to come to work for another 7 weeks with a smile on your face. It takes a huge person to do that, one who genuinely cares about the kids.


4 day work week, then off to DFW for family game night!! Last time my cousin hosted we had to miss it because of work, I boohooed like a baby. I'm so excited we get to make it this time! Then we'll have Easter with my parents. I'm hoping the Easter bunny doesn't send too much chocolate to Levi because mommy's squishy midsection doesn't need it! (That's a not-so-subtle hint for Levi's Grandparents!)

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! As always, I ADORE his pictures. I will say it every time I write to you, can't help it, he makes me MELT. I die on every picture I see.
    We are in sync on many things- this post example would be the candy for Easter - I'm still chubby and I hate it :(!!! Nursing moms keep reassuring me that between months 4-6 the weight falls off like crazy. Hoping so!
    But honestly I think you look awesome, beautiful mommy. Congrats on Levi's dedication l
    Lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete