Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We have teeth!!!

Well since I was off unexpectedly on Monday, I got Levi's 6 month check up changed. Unfortunately his pediatrician wasn't in the office that day, but since it was just a check up I decided it was fine if he saw a different dr. in the office. He weighs 17 lb 3 oz now and was in the 45th percentile. He was only 22nd percentile at 4 months. He is 27.5 inches long, 79%. Long and skinny boy! He's growing just as he should be and we got the go ahead to start more solids. He HATES peas! I keep trying them because I know at this age they say they really don't know if they like something or not until they've had it 5 or 6 times. Well let me tell you....he does NOT like peas! He loves sweet potatoes and pears, that's as far as we've gotten. He got 3 shots, which he did not handle well. They also recommended he go ahead and get the MMR since we are going to Budapest. Evidently Europe doesn't vaccinate for measels and they're pretty common there. Since Nana rescued us and is keeping him this week she gets the awful job of taking him back to get that tomorrow. Poor baby. The other ones left little bruises and knots in his legs!

We've thought for a week or so that he was about to cut some teeth, when the Dr. shined her light in his mouth you could see little indentions in his gums. It looked like all 4 bottom ones were coming through at the same time! So we've been waiting all week. I'm a newbie so after seeing them Monday I thought for sure they'd be in by Tuesday morning! Well, Trent just gave him a bath and while he was dressing him he said "you can see his teeth!" Sure enough the center bottom two have popped through. Just barely, but I imagine over the next 24 hours they'll be all the way through. I guess I never really thought about how teeth felt, but they feel weird!! I'm kind of strange about putting my fingers in his mouth anyway, I don't like it, but now with those chompers it feels crazy! He's such a wonderful baby, last night he whined for about 5 minutes when I put him down. Looks like we're going to be really lucky in the teething department too! Seriously...we have a super baby. He has to be the easiest baby on earth! Well ok, maybe we're a little bit biased. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment